Pages

Sunday 5 June 2016

Get to know me

I have about 8 blog ideas saved on here but it's quite hard to get down to writing them when you have a 2 year old ruling the roost! So I thought I'd do a quick blog post with some facts about me, likes and dislikes...the usual!

1. My full name is Amy Victoria Davies
2. My three biggest fears are flying, spiders and heights - though as a lone parent you kind of have to deal with spiders :(
3. Three things I couldn't live without are Harrie, internet and water
4. I don't really drink, mostly because I can't stand feeling sick or nauseous and alcohol sometimes has that effect, but also because I'm not super keen. I do like a good cocktail though!
5. I have two tattoos, one on my right inner arm and one across my upper back, both done by @tattfletch
6. I haven't got any pets and zero plans to have any, a child is enough work!
7. My favourite high street shop is probably Mango, closely followed by Topshop and Zara. Though I do sometimes love a little look in M&S, their limited edition range is sometimes so nice.
8. My biggest influence for starting this blog is Hannah Michalak because I find her so down to earth and relatable for being a mum to a similar age child. Louise Pentland is also amazing, woman power, and I find her journey as a co-parent very similar (reading between the lines a bit as she doesn't give too much away about that!)
9. If I could go back to my A levels I would try harder and then go on to do a medical degree - I would love to be a doctor or a nurse, I think it would be so rewarding.
10. However, as I have a BA in Criminology, my current dream job would be a bit more related to forensic psychology or investigative professions. Basically I'm nosey.
11. I am a twin, and I have two older sisters and two older half sisters.
12. My favourite food is anything mexican - I love spice!
13. I also really love to cook, not Masterchef standard but just good home cooking.
14. One of my pet(ty) peeves is when people don't tuck their pockets in properly on their jeans.
15. My favourite band is The Killers, I have adored them and their music since 2004/2005 and Brandon Flowers is easy on the eye too, which is a bonus!
16. I love reading, I find it so relaxing and it takes me away to a different world! I just finished Our Song by Dani Atkins and it was amazing and I cried so much. I love to read books that make me cry, not sure why!
17. I love crap TV. All the talent shows, all the reality shows - LOVE THEM. I will give the soaps a miss, but I also love the crime drama shows too, anything from Luther to How to Get Away With Murder.
18. Continuing on that note, I am obsessed with serial killers. Not write-to-them-in-prison-will-you-marry-me obsessed, but very very interested in the events. There is no way to write that without sounding like I want to become one - I don't!
19. I can't drive and I'm not sure I ever will learn. I think I'll be too scared, I'm not big with transport it makes me feel on edge sometimes.
20. My favourite quote is from a poetry book called Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur (buy it, you will love it and live by it).
"what i miss most is how you loved me. but what i didn’t know. was how you loved me had so much to do with the person i was. it was a reflection of everything i gave to you coming back to me. how did i not see that. how. did i sit here soaking in the idea that no one else would love me that way. when it was i that taught you. when it was i that showed you how to fill. the way i needed to be filled. how cruel i was to myself. giving you credit for my warmth simply because you had felt it. thinking it was you who gave me strength. wit. beauty. simply because you refused to take your eyes off it. as if i was already not these things before i met you. as if i did not remain all these once you left."

And on that cheery note, haha, I will end this entry here. I hope you enjoyed learning a little about me, but there will be more interesting content to come I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment